Apple has made it possible for all iOS users to transfer files, sync data and share photos between Apple devices with the help of iCloud. But, if you are using a mixture of iOS and Windows devices, then you have been left out in clod with no option. Luckily, Windows users can now get the iCloud Login Page for Windows so that they can easily share, transfer and sync data between these two platforms. It is entirely reasonable to understand that a huge number of iOS users also make use of Windows PC and to make the transfer and sharing cross-platform, the windows version of iCloud has been introduced. If you are using the mix of iOS device and Windows PC, then here is the guide on how to setup iCloud for Windows.
Installation of iCloud for Windows:
If you are the user of Windows 7/8/8.1/10, then you can download the windows version of iCloud directly from its official website. Go to the iCloud for Windows page and download the setup files on your Windows PC. Follow the below steps to complete the downloading and installation of the iCloud on your Windows PC.
- Click on the download button and the iCloudsettup.exe will start downloading on your Windows PC. Double click on it to start the installation.
- Agree with the Terms & Conditions and then click on the “Install” button to get the things done
- You need to wait till the time the installation is over. Click on the “Finish” button and then restart the PC. Click on “Yes” and your PC will reboot automatically.
- Once the installation is over and the windows is launched, you will be asked to login with iCloud for Windows.
- Here you will be asked to enter your credentials like the account details and more. After entering the credentials, you need to click on Sign-in. If you have enabled the two step verification setup on your iOS device, then you need to enter the 6-digit number which will be sent to your registered iPhone or iPad device
- Once you are done with the installation and login process, you need to go to its settings menu and device which you want to sync and share on your Windows PC from iCloud
How to Use the iCloud for Windows?
iCloud Drive – The menu of iCloud for Windows will have iCloud Drive which comprises the File Explorer like in Windows which has all the files and folders. Opening this drive you can simply drag the items that you want to into your store in Windows PC. You can also pin this drive for Quick Access menu on the home page.
iCloud Photos – You can set the iCloud Photos right from the Start menu and when you launch this folder it will be empty with three icons labelled shared, uploads, downloads. Here you can store, share and transfer photos and other images with ease.
Notes, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders and Others – These are some shortcuts that you will also find in the Start Menu and it will lunch the IE and take you to iCloud Webpage where these details are stored.